September 27th 2000
Ahoy, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Source: Sound Professionals SP-BMC-1 microphones (minus bassrollfilter) > Sharp MD-MT20 (44,1kHz, Stereo, Mic-In)
Tapespot: Seats on the floor (approx. row 10), centre, with the hanging speakers just above me.
Conversion: Sony MDS-JE640 > Optical > Terratec EWX 24/96 > Soundforge 4.5 (Editing) > CDwave 1.71 (tracksplitting) > MKW Audio Compression Tool 0.97 Beta 1 > SHN > FLAC (dec.2006) lev. 6
Editing: Added fade in/out to show. Used SF Click Removal filter. Tiny small edit (channelswap) in intro (dropout one channel).
Disc 1 – 65:29 min.
01. I Am The Man, Thomas (acoustic) 02:24
02. To Ramona (acoustic) (Larry on mandolin) 05:10
03. It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding) (acoustic) 07:42
04. Tomorrow Is A Long Time (acoustic) 04:45
05. Tangled Up In Blue (acoustic) 08:30
06. Searching For A Soldier’s Grave (acoustic) 03:13
(Larry on Mandolin)(song by Johnnie Wright, Jim Anglin and Jack Anglin)
07. Country Pie 03:20
08. Trying To Get To Heaven 05:19
09. Maggie’s Farm 06:40
10. Not Dark Yet 06:24
11. Drifter’s Escape (Bob on harp) 04:40
12. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat 07:17
Disc 2 – 41:09 min.
01. Things Have Changed 07:56
02. Like A Rolling Stone 06:44
03. Fourth Time Around (acoustic) 04:15
(Larry on Bouzouki & Charlie on electric guitar)
04. All Along The Watchtower 04:27
05. I Shall Be Released (acoustic) 05:34
06. Highway 61 Revisited 05:45
07. Blowin’ In The Wind (acoustic) 06:25
Great recording. MD switch done in the encorebreak, so no music is lost. After the show I used my old analog soundcard to put this show to cdr. I traded it with about 15 people in total. One of them (unknown, but strong feeling who did it) seems to have brought it straight to the RattleSnake label and got it pressed under the name “Dont Waste Your Words” (http://www.bobsboots.com/CDs/cd-d49.html), a bootleg with additional songs from the Brussels gig (which is not my recording). Two weeks after the gig one trader tells me he listened to this bootleg and its seemed to be the same recording. I have not been able to check myself, but he was very sure. But, there is a hiss on the original cdrs (bootleg now) and a small error (can’t remember where), due to the crappy soundcard.🙂 This version is clear and never put online untill now.
Taped/Compiled by B.R. (popmarter@ g mail dot com), April 2003