Jerry Garcia Band
Gymnasium (University of New Haven)
West Haven, CT
Source 1 – 21477
AUDMC > ? > DAT > CD > SHN (seeking enabled)
d2t01 It sounds like only the first few beginning notes are missing.
d2t02 Only the first note or two is missing.
Taper and taping equipment unknown.
DAE > CDWav > shntools > SHN via cbass.
Source 2 – 32346
MAC (Taped by Scott Vid, FOB Akai mic > Superscope deck) > Tascam 122 mkII playback >
Lucid ADA 1000 A-D converter > Tascam DA30 mkII master DAT > Tascam 700 CD > Plexwriter
PX-W4824A extraction (EAC v0.9 beta 4) > tracking (CD Wave v1.6) > slight editing (Sound
Forge Audio Studio 7.0) > sector boundary verification (shntool v1.01) > level 8 FLAC
encoding (Flac Frontend v.1.7.1 etree edition). Cassette transfer by John Hance, FLAC
encoding by jjoops.
– Really energetic show with strong versions of How Sweet It Is, Let it Rock and Harder
They Come. The recording is not as good as the circulating MAC > C copy (shnid 21477),
but it is complete and lineaged.
– d1t01 HTC volume out @ 1:09-1:11, potential fixes worse than the problem.
– d1t01 HTC attenuated volume by -6db from 3:09-3:11 to save your speakers.
– d1t02 TLEO brief splice @ 0:06. Could be patched from shnid 21477.
– d2t03 LIR digi-scratch @ 4:39.
Thanks to John Jay Hance for the source CDs!
Disc 1 – Set 1 [50:17]
1. Crowd/Tuning [0:21]
2. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) [7:19] [1:01]
3. They Love Each Other [6:46] [1:33]
4. Let It Rock [9:06] [0:31]
5. Simple Twist Of Fate [15:55]
6. //That’s All Right, Mama [7:28] [0:15]
Disc 2 – Set 2 [32:44]
1. //It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry [10:54] [0:35]
2. Tore Up Over You [8:18] [0:23]
3. Russian Lullaby [12:30] [0:04]
When I Paint My Masterpiece * Onl on Source 2