October 24, 1970
Kiel Opera House,
St. Louis, MO
–Set I– NRPS
101 If You Hear Me When I’m Leavin’
103 Portland Woman
104 Fair Chance To Know
105 Dirty Business
107 The Weight
108 Honky Tonk Women
–Set II– Grateful Dead
s2t01 – Dancing in the Streets
s2t02 – It Hurts Me Too
s2t03 – Me and My Uncle
s2t04 – Friend of the Devil
s2t05 – Cold Rain and Snow
s2t06 – Attics of My Life
s2t07 – Good Lovin’
s2t08 – Casey Jones
s2t09 – St. Stephen ->
s2t10 – Not Fade Away ->
s2t11 – Going Down the Road Feeling Bad ->
s2t12 – Not Fade Away ->
s2t13 – Turn on Your Love Light
Source 1: shnid: 140923
Set II Only
The Dalton Documents
SBD > Master Reel > Reel > (7.5ips) > PCM (Sony HG tape)
Sony SL-10 > Sony PCM-601ESD > Behringer Ultramatch Pro > Tascam DA-3000 (WAV 16-bit/44.1k)
PCM courtesy of Tim Dalton
Transfer via Charlie Miller
Edited & Mastered by Joe Noel
February 5, 2018
– An additional reel generation in lineage is possible
– this is a mono recording that has been pitch corrected
– NRPS opened featuring Jerry Garcia on peddle steel guitar & Mickey Hart on drums.
Source 2: shnid: 141424
Unknown mono soundboard (low gen) – provided by Will Boswell
low gen Reel > Technics RS-1506 > Apogee Mini Me > Mini DAC > WaveLab 5 >
– The NRPS set may be missing up to three songs.
– includes a Saint Stephen Jam *
– This derives from the same original source as the other boards in circulation
and has the same cuts.
– I repaired the start of FOTD and it became apparent that there is a splice.
The first four lines of FOTD are missing and a little of the music that comes
– A number of level adjustments have been made.
– Pitch correction.
– “Attics Of My Life” – last 39 seconds. Source used shnid 31948
Thank You David Hollister, J. Ayers and Bob Bihlmayer.
Thanks to Will Boswell and Matt Smith.
edited and mastered