Neil Young & Promise Of The Real
Beale Street Music Festival
Tom Lee Park
April 29, 2016
** 16 BIT **
Source: Sonic Studios DSM-6P w/3-way lo-cut filter > Tascam DR-2d (-6 dB copy) @ 16 bit/44.1 kHz
Mastering: .WAV > Sound Forge Pro 11.0 (Build 299) (minor edits, normalize, & fades) > CDWav (tracking) > Trader’s Little Helper (level 5) >
FLAC > TagScanner 5.1 (tagging)
Location: FAR from the stage, by “electrical box 5”, at least 150-200 yards from the stage
Recorded by: Steve “ballsdeep” Hagar
Mastered by: Dennis Orr
01 Down By The River
02 Country Home
03 Seed Justice
04 Monsanto Years
05 Western Hero
06 Out On The Weekend
07 Are There Any More Real Cowboys?
09 Fuckin’ Up
10 Cinnamon Girl
11 Chat & Tuning
12 Rockin’ In The Free World
13 Love And Only Love
Neil Young – lead vocvals, guitars, piano, & harp
Lukas Nelson – guitar & backing vocals
Micah Nelson – guitar & backing vocals
Corey McCormick – bass & backing vocals
Anthony Logerfo – drums
Tato Melgar – percussion
– “Down by the River” was played for almost 36 minutes.
– “Are There Any More Real Cowboys?” was dedicated to Willie Nelson in honor of his 83rd birthday.
– Beale is right on the banks of the Mississippi in a flat park on the riverbank, so more of an “open air” sound vs. echoes.
– Neil’s first show in Memphis since 1983.
– Some annoying crowd chatter, and at one point Steve tells a girl to quit bumping him because he’s filming.
– Some “swirling” of the stereo effect, likely due to the distance Steve was from the stage in an open air venue.