Jerry Garcia and Merl Saunders
San Francisco, CA
That’s The Touch I Like
Save Mother Earth Instrumental ->
Down Around Biloxi
Second That Emotion
It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry
Go Climb a Mountain
That’s Alright Mama
The System ->
Georgia on My Mind
When I Paint My Masterpiece
It’s a Sin
How Sweet It Is
Jerry Garcia – guitar, vocals
Merl Saunders – keyboards
John Kahn – bass
Bill Vitt – drums
Sarah Fulcher – vocals
This is flac encoded & tagged version of shnid: 7670
Slightly re-tracked using WavMerge and CDWave,
.shn encoding using mkwACT, and proper sector
boundaries verified using shntool.
A variety of mostly harmless light snaps, crackles, and pops
d1t02 Save Mother Earth two ticks @ 0:01
d1t02 lots of static and crackles through ca. 3:00
d1t05 Biloxi static buzz @ 1:00
d2t04 static throughout, rarely heavy
d3t01 System cut/splice @ 1:35
d3t04 It’s a Sin cut/splice @ track 3:02
Late Show Only (also missing How Sweet It Is)
This is a tagged version of shnid: 136776
Source: soundboard > Master Reel > Dat(48k)
Recorded by Betty Cantor-Jackson
– This recording has been provided by an anonymous source.
– Various artifacts such as clicks, pops and crackle have been removed.
– A few small level adjustments and some minor repairs have been made.
– The only other circulating source for this show has both cassette and cdr gens in it.
It also seems that the channels became swapped over time.
– The other source has a cut in “The System” of approximately 1:37 starting around 1:36, this source does not.
– The other source has a cut in “It’s A Sin” of approximately 39 seconds from about 3:03, this source does not.
However, this source has the last 2:25 or so missing.
– Both Garcia’s guitar and Sarah’s vocals move around in the mix from time to time. *
– During the tuning breaks music can be heard playing, presumably bleeding through from a bar or something similar.
– All tracks have been tagged.
There is a very interesting article about the history of the venue here http://jerrygarciasbrokendownpalaces.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/boarding-house-960-bush-st-san.html
Thank You Jerry Garcia, you will always be in our hearts.
edited and mastered