August 12, 1981
Salt Lake City, UT
Download FLAC: Amazon Drive
Alabama Getaway ->
Greatest Story Ever Told
Friend of the Devil
Mama Tried ->
C C Rider
Lost Sailor ->
Saint of Circumstance
201-d2t01 – Tuning
Might as Well
Man Smart (Women Are Smarter)
Scarlet Begonias ->
Fire on the Mountain
Eyes of the World ->
Brent & Drums ->
Spanish Space ->
Morning Dew ->
Around & Around
This is a flac encoded & tagged version of shid: 10548
(with unknown aud patches)
EAC/SHN by Willy
Seeded to etree 07/16/02
Audio discs provided by Paul B
Another installment of The Music Never Stopped Project!
-Aud patch provides:
Alabama -> Greatest,
first 36 seconds of FOTD
from :24 of Estimated through 2:00 of Eyes
-Splice at 3:36 of Lost Sailor, missing about 20 seconds
-Last few seconds of Estimated (post song jam) cut
-Around cuts @ 2:43
-First Might As Well of the 80’s (Since 2-17-79)
-I used CD Wave and Shntool to retrack and verify sb’s, and CE2K for all editing.
This is a tagged version of shnid: 95346
Source: aud > ??? > cass (unknown gens)
Transfer: cass > Nakamichi BE-125E > EMU 0202 > Wavelab > wav (24/96) > flac
Thanks to Uncle Barry for providing the tapes and Roeret for helping me out with the patch source
edited with Adobe Audition, mastered with iZotope Ozone, and resampled & dithered with iZotope RX Advanced
transferred, edited and mastered
– it was neccessary to re-assemble the show in the correct running order as it had been cut up to
fit on the tapes.
– dc offset removed
– all tracks have been pitch corrected using the circulating sbd as a guide. They were running between
4% and 10% too fast
* tuning and the first 1:32 of “Alabama Getaway” patched in from shnid 10548.
– the first 7 seconds of “Althea” are missing.
– the start of “Might As Well” is clipped, 3 or 4 notes are missing.
– The first 6:52 of “Althea”, all of “Might As Well”and the first 1:42 of “Man Smart, Woman Smarter”
have an inferior sound quality. They sounded quite muffled and have a higher level of tape hiss,
compared to the rest of the show. I have brightened these sections to make them sound more
consistent with the other tracks.
– there is a problem with “Man Smart, Woman Smarter”at 4:11.
– the tape was paused between songs, or these sections were cut out when the tapes were originally
assembled, on a number of occasions. Crossfades have been put in to smooth these out.
This recording reveals that the circulating sbd has approximately 2:49 missing from “Eyes Of The World”,
2:22 from the end of the first verse to about half way through the second and 27 seconds at the end. Also
about 4 seconds at the start of “Good Lovin'” that is missing from the sbd. Only about 8 seconds of music is
missing from the whole show!
This is somewhat of a “Curate’s Egg” as regards the sound. When it’s good it’s very good and there ARE
a lot of very good parts! Hopefully this version will prompt someone to dig deep and come up with a
better copy of what is a great show.
This is a tagged version of shnid: 130235
SBD > MC > R > DAT > CD
CD > WAV > Sound Forge 10 > TLH > FLAC
FIXES AND NOTES;
Remastered version of shnid 10548. All patches from aud shnid 95346.
Several patches were on 10548, including Disc 1, tracks 1-2
and first 36 seconds of track 3. Disc 3, track 1 starting at 0:24 to end
Disc 3, track 2, 0:00 – 2:07
I used shnid 95346 to patch the following;
Disc 1, track 9, 3:33 – 4:03
Disc 3, track 8, 2:30 – end
Disc 3, track 9, 0:00 – 0:11
Pitch corrected in set 2… set 1 was OK.
This fine show, neglected for many years, is now back in circulation.
Mastered, patched, and retracked by Bill Guarneri, June 11, 2014.
This is a tagged version o
SBD > Cassette Master (Sony TC-D5M) > Reel > Dat (48k)
Dat (Sony PCM-R500) > Tascam DA-3000 > Samplitude Pro X3 Suite > FLAC/48k
(1 DVD FLAC)
All Transfers and Mastering by Charlie Miller
October 24, 2017
Unknown Audience Recording > CD supplies:
Alabama Getaway (complete track)
Greatest Story Ever Told (complete track)
Friend Of The Devil (0:00 – 0:32)
Estimated Prophet (0:23 – end of track)
Eyes Of The World (0:00 – 1:56)
Around And Around (2:40 – end of track)
Good Lovin’ (0:00 – 0:09)
— Thanks to Dan Healy, Frank Streeter and Rob Eaton for the tapes
f shnid: 139593
This is a re-tagged version of shnid: 142955
This is a 16/48 fileset. 24-bit > 16-bit via dBpoweramp
Dan Healy’s Master Soundboard Cassettes (Sony TC-D5M/TDK MA-R90/Dolby B)> Frank Streeter’s 1st generation 1/4 track Reels @ 3.75 ips (Sony TC770/Maxell UD35-90B)
1st generation Reels (Technics RS-1506)> Tascam DA-3000 (DSF 1bit/5.6 MHz) > dBpoweramp 24/96 > Adobe Audition 3.01 > TLH flac2496
– Thanks to Frank Streeter for the 1st generation reels
– Thanks to Matt Smith for the transfer
– Thanks to Charlie Miller for coordinating this effort
– Thanks to Matt Smith for the audience source which supplies “Alabama Getaway > Greatest Story Ever Told”, the first 0:39 of “Friend Of The Devil”, a 0:27 patch in “Lost Sailor”, from 0:24 of “Estimated Prophet” thru the first 4:00 of “Eyes Of The World”, as well as from 2:38 of “Around & Around” thru the first 0:10 of “Good Lovin’
– Thanks to SIRMick for the shnid95346 audience source which supplies a 0:31 patch in the “Estimated Prophet > Eyes Of The World” transition
– Thanks to Charlie Miller and Rob Eaton for the shnid139593 soundboard source which supplies the end of “Truckin'”, “Morning Dew” and the first 2:40 of “Around & Around”, as well as from 0:10 of “Good Lovin'” thru the end of the show
– There’s some hi-hat/cymbals distortion in the left channel at spots throughout the show (also present on shnid139593)
– Spanish Jam space included in “Spanish Jam”
– Pitch corrected
Mastered by Scott Clugston