Neil Young – Buffalo, NY (01/14/73)

Neil Young with the Stray Gators

Cinnamon Girl
Lookout Joe
Southeren Man
Are You Ready For the Country

Source 1:

CDR > CDR > EAC> WAV> FLAC

Unknown generation of an audience recording.
Very decent sounding source with very little crowd noise.
Slight noticeable microphone noises. Slight tape hiss.
I have changed the track starting points to the beginning of the songs.
As a footnote:
Sugar Mountain website lists “Cowgirl In the Sand” as being the 6th song played.
I believe this may be in error as I can tell of no interuption between the two existing tracks.
And the tour setlists before and after this date do seem to coincide with this setlist.

Source 2:

lienage: 2nd gen tape-cdr-trade-cdr-eac-flac-dimeadozen-you

Thanks to Tom at Sugar Mountain

and GOTR

None of these songs were released on “Time Fades Away”.

The sound is really nice, I consider it’s among the better or even best recordings of the 1973 tour.

My huge thanks go to a very kind rustie, who did the transfer from his 2nd gen tape to cdr and traded this show with me.

Share it with your friends.
uploaded on dimeadozen by sunwalker 04/2007

3 thoughts on “Neil Young – Buffalo, NY (01/14/73)

1. Comments from a deleted repost:

theproperwines says:
    November 2, 2018 at 8:51 pm Edit

ty for sharing! -tpw
    Thrak says:
    November 3, 2018 at 3:46 am Edit

Source 1 is a decent recording. Not as much lower end bass as source 2. Both sources are decent. Thanks.
    Michael Joseph says:
    November 3, 2018 at 8:22 am Edit

when I click on the FLAC download link, it just blinks and disappears- both versions. this happened recently with the 3rd file of Dylan “You Don’t Know Me” -I have not retried that yet. just wondering if there is a limit on Amazon ? thanks for the blog.

Michael Joseph says:
    November 3, 2018 at 8:36 am Edit

sorry, they all worked this time- beats me. please delete previous post, thanks
    Mat Brewster says:
    November 3, 2018 at 8:47 am Edit

Glad you got it figured out. There aren’t any limits on Amazon but every once in awhile it craps out. Always best to give it a few hours and try again.

Thrak says:
    November 4, 2018 at 5:21 am Edit

When i clicked on the download link for source two nothing happened. I tried refreshing the page..still nothing. I use Torch browser which is based on chrome yet it is lighter on resources and usable with older computers. I cleared my cache data. I clicked on the download link again and it downloaded.
    Mat Brewster says:
    November 4, 2018 at 7:01 am Edit

Glad you got it. Amazon seems to be giving more and more people trouble at least temporarily lately. Hope it doesn’t get worse.
    Grant says:
    November 5, 2018 at 2:32 am Edit

Love this tour – I was only 6 at the time, but I wish I could have seen one of these shows live 🙂
    DylanDave says:
    November 5, 2018 at 2:34 pm Edit

All these issues are due to harvesting. By this point we should all be experiencing blindingly fast page loading, smooth full screen video in HD etc. Instead, due to the corporate theft of the internet and the domination and spread of the google marketing/monetizing model, all the hardware and protocol updates are merely acting to shield users from, and disguise all the background tasks which are triggered everytime you hit a link. Just about every function, iutility and app on Win 10 tries to establish a link thru my firewall. For most there is no relevance or justification at all. Don’t even start me on the background processes or the inbuilt redundancy model (taken from Apple) which, by forcing ‘feature’ updates on users (bundled with security patches) is rendereing thousands of computers and laptops unuseable to the the majority (and all the corps). Aside from being an outright act of vandalism against the property of the user, it also represents an environmental crime and tragedy!
    Everybody is just looking to build a registered customer base and then rip ’em off and exploit them at every opportunity. The BBC who have a monopoly and use external agencies, an army of lawyers and the criminal law to enforce their licence collection, have introduced a new ‘BBC Sounds’ inhouse podcast manager. They are spending vast amounts of their ‘limited’ resources on pushing this in everybody’s face every time you turn on a BBC radio or TV channel. Of course there is no windows version, therefore you are forced to install an emulator such as Bluestacks or NOX, and hence you are forced to have a Google account. They also bundle basic functionality (such as remembering your vol setting!) with accepting their most intrusive level of cookie collection. You might reasonably assume this would be covered by the middle option ‘Advanced Fuctionality’, but you’d be wrong!
    Great news for all their new corporate partners, a sad day for ‘Public Service Broadcastoing’.
    Be afraid, be very very afraid
    Mauro says: