Diga Rhythm Band with Special Guest Jerry Garcia
San Francisco, CA –
Marx Meadows, Golden Gate Park
This is a tagged version of shnid: 88980
Master Soundboard Reel>Cassette>Reel>CD>Ultra Safe Mode in Wavelab 6.0 at 32bit float/44.1kHz for Montage Adjustments.
Source from Steve Martin
-Editing and Mastering on the GEMS Edit Station by Jamie Waddell
-Transfer and Recording had level issues. These have all been fixed.
-First source in circulation
-a few moments of slight distortion, not annoying at all.
-The First of Many from Joe Jupile and the Tupperware of Treasures
2.Introductions and Noodling
3.Happiness is Drumming
a **GEMS** Production 12 8 2007
originally seeded at Lossless Legs http://www.shnflac.net
below is a copy paste of the Musicians that Contributed to the Diga Album Released in 1976. Who, of these people were onstage this day, is a quest for the Historians to Nail down.
Diga Rhythm Band
* Jordan Amarantha – congas, bongos
* Peter Carmichael – tabla
* Aushim Chaudhuri – tabla
* Vince Delgado – dumbek, tabla, talking drum
* Tor Dietrichson – tabla
* Mickey Hart – traps, gongs, timbales, tympani
* Zakir Hussain – tabla, folk drums, tar
* Jim Loveless – marimbas
* Joy Shulman – tabla
* Ray Spiegel – vibes
* Arshad Syed – duggi tarang, nal
* Jerry Garcia – guitar (on Razooli and Happiness Is Drumming)
* Jim McPherson – vocals (on Razooli)
* Kathy McDonald – vocals (on Razooli)
* David Freiberg – vocals (on Razooli)
The Bandshell in Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, CA
Image courtesy of Dead Images.
This is a flac encoded & tagged version of shnid: 10125
1 set, 1 disc total
Set 1: Total Time: 42:19
1. Wavy Gravy’s Zero introduction
2. Golden Road
3. Little Wing
4. Wavy Gravy’s Guests introduction
6. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door*
7. Goodnight Irene*
Comment: *with Jerry Garcia, Merl Saunders, Mickey Hart, Norton Buffalo and Marc Beno. John Cipollina’s Last Zero Show
Source/Transfer: Audience Cassette Master > DAT > CD… Sennheiser 441
Mic’s > Sony D5M Cassette Master (Maxell MX 90). Playback on Nakamichi DR-2
Cassette Deck > Sony D100 DAT. Playback on Panasonic SV-3800 DAT Recorder >
Digital Coaxial Cable > Tascam CD-RW 700 CD Recorder > EAC > SHN. Originally Recorded
by Chris Olson.
67-01-14 Polo Field, Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, CA
Source: SBD>MR >?>CDR
This is flac encoded & tagged version of shnid: 9108
Conversion: CDR > EAC(secure) > Cool Edit(remove isolated pops) > mkwact(seekable) firstname.lastname@example.org
Part of The Music Never Stopped Project 2002 shn em up initiative 4/28/2002
Thanks to Raoul Duke for the disks!
Disk 1 [30:26]
01. [09:11] //Morning Dew ;
02. [11:01] Viola Lee Blues ;
03. [10:13] Good Morning Little Schoolgirl*
*Charles Lloyd on flute on GMLS.
1. shntool confirms tracks cut on sector boundaries
d1t2 05:34 – skip or similar anomaly
3. From http://www.deadlists.com
COMMENTS “The Great Human Be-In” – afternoon concert. Other artist(s): Jefferson Airplane, QMS, Country Joe & The Fish and The Charlatans”. *Charles Lloyd on flute on GMLS.